Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Graduation, Jobless, Unemployed...

After graduation ceremony has passed, I am officially a non-student now.
Stepping into a brand new world, dunno what to do, what to choose...

A diploma holder, with not-up-to-industry-standard skill, I am totally lost. The application letter were sent, none has replied. This is quite depressing. People said we can't choose our 1st job, only job choose us, especially fresh-grad in the year of 2009, a year that facing economic crisis.

My future? After a few months of considerations, I know that I will still go for degree course next year, because the diploma course didn't make me well-prepared for this industry. We learned everything, from 2D traditional art/photoshop/flash, 3D Maya/3DMax to scripting/programming Flash/Python/HTML... A bit here and a bit there, stuffed with all sort of basics. So many things and yet, none of the skill has really become my strength, my weapon.

I feel kinda regretted that I didn't throw much effort on the modules (even though the course was kinda screwed up cause we are the pioneer batch). Scripting/programming is really a very good and essential skill to have in order to join design industry...

Now, I need a job, to earn some money and to spend my time.

There is a vacancy available in Muar, as an admin, or something like that. I guess the pay will be RM1000++. I am considering whether should I take that job. I really wish I can get a job in Singapore.

If I work in Muar, is not like I can't survive with that RM1000++ salary. I can save a lot of money cause I wouldn't need to pay for food, travelling fare or even rental, and can get more time to spend with family.

However, if I go back Muar, my cousins here in Singapore will need to pay extra for the rental and internet bill. I feel that this is not fair to them. And also, working in Singapore will be safer and more convenient since there are MRT and buses everywhere. There is no need for me to ride on my own vehicle (most likely will be motorbike).

Haiz... What should I do??

2 comments:

  1. aiyo..so kesian! You're LOST now, uncertain, don kw which path 2 choose, where 2 go. Struggling!! Facing the reality..well, that's LIFE. Everyone will face it sooner or later, but u face it earlier than us. Hahaha..all the best 2 u, will get through it soon de! Gambateh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for encouraging me...

    Let me know if u face the same situation like me now so that i can kesian u also... Hahahaha

    kidding kidding...

    ReplyDelete